Spinach Pesto Pasta with Chicken
- coarse salt
- 1 bunch spinach, tough stems removed
- 1 cup packed Fresh Basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons Verolio Fruttato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound strozzapreti (or other short pasta)
- 2 . cups roasted chicken, finely shredded
- 2 ounces ricotta salata cheese, very thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- In a food processor, combine the spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt.
- With the machine running, add the oil in a slow and steady stream; pulsing until smooth.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente.
- Reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the pasta, and then add it back to the pot off the heat.
- Immediately add the pesto and chicken, and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with a touch of good oil and topped with the cheese and extra salt to taste.