Sautéed Chicken Breast with Kale and Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound kale, tough stems discarded, leaves cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, lightly pounded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 packet Daily Pantry Roasted Mushroom Simmer Sauce
- Blanch the kale in a large pot of salted water until tender.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in the skillet.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the breasts to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until brown and crusty on each side.
- Add 1 packet of Daily Pantry Roasted Mushroom Simmer Sauce and let simmer for 10 min.
- In another skillet at a high heat, add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Add the kale, season with salt and pepper and sauté until just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Arrange the kale on 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken breasts and mushroom sauce and serve