- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion Fresh basil (about 15 leaves)
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lucini Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices of stale Tuscan bread Black pepper & Kosher salt, to taste
- Cut the onion in thin slices and soak it in a bowl of water with the teaspoon of vinegar for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours, slice the cucumber into thin rounds and chop the tomatoes, removing the seeds.
- Remove the crust on the slices of bread and slightly moisten the bread with one tablespoon of the vinegar/onion water.
- Drain the onion and place it in a large bowl.
- Tear the bread into large chunks and add it the bowl.
- Add the tomato, cucumber and basil to the bowl. Add the extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently and refrigerate for one hour before serving.