What You’ll Need
2 tablespoons Breakstone’s unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
3 tablespoons Best Yet all-purpose flour
1- 46 oz can Roland Clam Juice
2 (10-ounce) cans Crown Prince chopped clams
1 cup Hood heavy cream
2 McCormick bay leaves
1 pound Idaho potatoes, cut into 1/2- inch cubes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 oz Applegate Farms Bacon
1. Heat the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon to the clean pot and fry
until most of the fat has rendered from the bacon and it is starting to brown (but not until
2. Add the onion and celery and saute until softened, mixing often.
3. Stir in the flour to distribute evenly.
4. Add the clam juice, cream, bay leaves, and potatoes and stir to combine.
5. Bring to a simmer, stirring consistently (the mixture will thicken), then reduce the heat to
medium-low and cook 20 minutes, stirring often, until the potatoes are nice and tender.
6. Then add clams and season to taste with salt and pepper, cook until clams are just firm,
another 2 minutes.