Manhattan Crab Chowder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup cored fennel bulb, finely diced,
- plus 2 tbsp chopped fronds, divided
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 14 oz can reduced-sodium chicken broth,
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups precooked diced potatoes
- 2 cups Daily Pantry Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 pound crabmeat
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, diced fennel, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are just starting to brown.
- Add broth, water and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, crabmeat and fennel fronds. Return to a boil, stirring often; immediately remove from heat.