Italian Clams Marinara
- 2 pounds fresh clams
- 1 tablespoon Lucini Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 orange, zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1 jar Lucini Tuscan Marinara with Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse and scrub clams.
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot and add the garlic and cook just until brown.
- Add the butter and wine and bring to a boil.
- Add orange zest, oregano and clams and top with a lid.
- Cook just until the clams open – about 8 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon remove the clams and place in a bowl.
- Add the jar of Lucini Tuscan Marinara sauce.
- Pour the hot broth over the clams and serve warm. Season well with salt & black pepper, if desired.