Fresh Marinara Sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) Daily Pantry Whole Tomatoes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
- 1 Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pour Whole Peeled Daily Pantry tomatoes into a large bowl and crush with your hands.
- Pour 1 cup of water into can and slosh it around to get tomato juices. Reserve.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add garlic. As soon as garlic is sizzling, add the tomatoes, then the reserved tomato water. Add the red pepper flakes, oregano and salt. Stir.
- Simmer sauce until thickened, about 15min.
- Taste sauce after 10min, and add more salt and oregano if needed.