Crab & Shrimp Cakes with Lemon Aioli
- 1 lb peeled shrimp, pureed in food processor
- 1/2 lb fresh crab meat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 7 tbsp plus extra for frying, Lucini Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped Salt and Black Pepper
- Combine shrimp, crab, garlic, onions, and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Form into small cakes and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large pan with olive oil until hot. Add the cakes and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per-side.
- Serve warm topped with aioli.
- To make the aioli, place lemon, mustard, and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running slowly add the olive oil until smooth and thick. Season with salt and black pepper